Agnipath (Agniveer) Scheme
Here’s all you should know about the Agnipath or Agneepath scheme:
- The Government of India introduced the Agnipath scheme on 14th June 2022 for the recruitment of personnel into the Indian Armed Forces.
- The implementation of the scheme will start from September 2022 onwards.
- The scheme is open to male and female aspirants that are between the ages of 17.5 years to 21 years only. However, for recruitments that take place in the year 2022, the upper age limit has been fixed up to 23 years because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The recruits under this scheme will be hired only for a 4-year term and will be referred to as Agniveers, added as a new military rank.
- The tenure of 4 years entails 6 months of training and 3.5 years of deployment.
- After the 4-year tenure ends, only 25% of the total number of the retiring batch will be selected for permanent commission.
- Personnel that retire after 4 years of service will get a lump sum amount of ₹11.71 lakh approximately; they will not be eligible for pension.
- The scheme seeks to recruit soldiers below the rank of commission officers into the three arms of the Armed Forces: Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy.
- Recruitments under this scheme will take 2 times a year for the 3 services of the Armed Forces.
- It will be the only way for getting recruited into the military.
- The Union Government has proposed recruiting 45,000 to 50,000 new recruits every year as part of this scheme. Also, plans include recruiting 46,000 youngsters via this scheme in September 2022.
Air force Agniveer registration begins today, apply @agnipathvayu.cdac.in
|Department Name||Department of Military Affairs|
|Scheme / Yojana Name||Agneepath Recruitment 2022 (अग्निपथ स्कीम)|
|Service for||Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force|
|Name of Post||Agniveer (अग्निवीर)|
|Total Number of Vacancy||Around 1.25 Lakh|
|Duration of Service||4 Years|
|Agneepath Yojana Recruitment Online Form Start Date||June 2022|
|Agneepath Yojana Recruitment 2022 Last Date||Announce Soon|