People who want to get the Covid-19 vaccine have to first register on the Cowin website, https://www.cowin.gov.in/. As part of the registration process, they have to enter their personal and other details. The vaccine certificate contains all the details of the vaccine beneficiaries.
People who are above the age of 15 years can get vaccinated in India. Also, they have to receive two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine to be fully vaccinated. Both doses of the Covid vaccine are administered at an interval of 2-3 months. An individual who receives the first dose gets his vaccine certificate of the first dose. Then, after getting the second dose, they receive the fully vaccinated certificate.
You require your vaccine certificate to travel with the easing of restrictions. Also, if you are employed, you need to get vaccinated to attend office. Thus, you must make sure that all the details in your certificate are correct to avoid any hassles.
However, some people may make mistakes when filling the registration form and their vaccine certificate contains incorrect details. If you’ve made a mistake in entering your details in the registration form and want to correct the mistakes in your vaccine certificate, you can do so now.
The Ministry Of Health and Family Welfare Department is offering an opportunity to correct any details in the vaccine certificate. If you’ve made a mistake in your name, date of birth, or gender, you can make corrections to your vaccine certificate. Only enter the correct details and then download your updated Cowin vaccine certificate.
The Cowin vaccine certificate is an official document that contains a unique 13-digit reference number. In addition, the certificate mentions details such as the name of the vaccine, date of vaccination, time and place of vaccination, and details of the health officer who vaccinated you.
The government authorities received numerous complaints of data entry errors. Hence, they are now permitting people to rectify the mistakes; the beneficiaries can download a new vaccine certificate with the correct details thereafter.
To make any changes to your vaccine certificate, you have to first visit the Cowin website and make the requisite changes that you want in your vaccine certificate. After you edit the details, the system automatically deletes your old vaccine certificate and replaces it with a revised one.
In the following details, you can learn how to edit the details on the Cowin website:
- The first step is to go to the Cowin website, cowin.gov.in.
- The next step is to click on the “Register/Sign In” icon that appears on the homepage.
- You will notice that a box appears on the screen. Follow by entering the registered mobile number for vaccination and choosing the get OTP option.
- The subsequent step is to enter the OTP and click on the “Proceed” tab.
- Next, you have to click on the “Raise an Issue” tab and select the “Correction in Certificate” option.
- You can edit only two details out of the following ones: Gender, Date of Birth, Name, and Aadhaar card number or PAN card or passport number.
- The final step is to enter the correct details and follow by selecting the “Continue” and “Submit” icons.