The Ministry of Labour & Employment under the Union Government of India has inaugurated the eSHRAM portal to create a National Database of Unorganized Workers (NDUW). Through this scheme, workers from the unorganized sector receive the benefits of various social security and welfare government schemes.
The e-SHRAM portal is the very-first nationalized database of unorganized workers. These include platform workers, construction workers, cleaners, salon workers, migrant workers, street vendors, agriculture workers, among others.
- Maintain a centralized database of all unorganized workers that is linked to Aadhaar.
- For streamlining the process of transferring social security benefits to the beneficiaries (unorganized workers) from the various ministries.
- Facilitate sharing of information of e-SHRAM registered workers with the different stakeholders for smooth delivery of welfare and social security schemes. The participants include agencies, boards, departments, and ministries of the Central and State governments.
- Ensure portability of the various social security benefits to the construction workers and migrants.
- Preserve an extensive database to help the Central and State Governments to manage any national crisis (such as the COVID-19 pandemic) in the future.
eShram (NDUW) Portal: Who can register?
Any person who fulfills the below-listed conditions can register on the portal:
- Unorganized workers who are between the age group of 16 and 59 years
- Any person who is not working a government organization
- Any individual who is not a member of ESIC/EPFO/NPS (government-aided)
Who is an Unorganised Worker?
An unorganized worker is an individual who is self-employed or works from home or in the unorganized sector. Also, any individual who is not a government employee or not a member of ESIC/EPFO member is called an unorganized worker.
The following details are needed to register on the portal:
- Aadhaar Card details
- A registered mobile number that is linked with Aadhaar.
- Savings bank account number along with the bank IFSC code.
e-Shram Card: How to Register online?
- Go to the official website of E-Shram, https://eshram.gov.in/home.
- Search for the “Register on e-Shram” icon on the home page and click on the tab.
- On the “Self Registration” page, you should enter your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Also, you have to fill in the Captcha code and select the YES/NO option for ESIC and EPFO.
- Continue by selecting on the “Send OTP” icon.
- Fill the Application Form and upload the mandatory documents as the subsequent step.
- The following step is to click on the “Submit” tab.
- Maintain a copy of the filled application form for record purposes.
e-SHRAM Portal: Benefits
The Union Government of India has unveiled the e-SHRAM portal to create a centralized database of unorganized workers that is linked to Aadhaar. Any worker who is engaged in the unorganized sector is eligible to register on the e-SHRAM portal. The registered workers can avail accidental insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh under the PMSBY. Moreover, the beneficiaries can obtain all social security benefits via this portal. This database can help the various state and central governments to tackle emergencies and national crises or pandemics.
e-SHRAM: Contact Details
National Helpdesk Number: 14434
Language assistance at support desk: Odia, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, English, Bengali, Hindi, Assamese, Telugu, Marathi, Malayalam, and Marathi.
Helpline working hours: Monday to Saturday between 0800 hours and 2000 hours.